- Peanut Butter is an excellent substitute for dessert.
- We can live without electricity, but a fan at night is priceless.
- Who needs a lawn mower when you have kids with sharp slashers.
- Beans and rice for every meal is not too bad.
- Mud toys are better than plastic ones.
- Cold showers can warm the soul.
- Mango trees provide the coolest shade during the hottest time of day.
- Monkey is a delicacy. (so are giant lizards)
- A nice cool morning means extreme heat in the afternoon.
- It is better to eat fruit and vegetables that are not quite ripe than none at all.
- Bedtime is at dark. (which is usually about 7pm)
- Dirt is cleaner in Africa than America. No hand sanitizer here.
- White people always bring candy and if you don’t, you are not a friend.
- All you need to catch fish is some line, a hook, a stick, and 4-5 boys that love finding worms.
- A crocodiles weakness is a set of sticks sticking above the water.
We learned many other things while here in Africa and we can’t wait to share them with you. We just wanted to share some of the more unique experiences.
This will be our last post from Africa. Hopefully the next time you hear from us, we will be back in the states. We look forward to sharing all of our pictures, videos, and stories with you all when we get back. Please continue to pray that our travel experience is uneventful and we adjust easily.
Thank you again,
Josh and Gail